What is Sports Premium?
The Government have stated that "physical activity has numerous benefits for children and young people’s physical health, as well as their mental wellbeing (increasing self-esteem and emotional wellbeing and lowering anxiety and depression), and children who are physically active are happier, more resilient and more trusting of their peers. Ensuring that pupils have access to sufficient daily activity can also have wider benefits for pupils and schools, improving behaviour as well as enhancing academic achievement."
They allocate money through the PE and Sport Premium so that Primary Schools can help children achieve the recommended 60 minutes of physical activity per day. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the PE, physical activity and sports they provide.
Each year the school produces a report which summarises how we have spent the Sports Premium allocation and how we intend to use the next year's allocation. You can read our latest report below.
Our key priorities are:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Using PESSPA as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
For this financial year 2022-2023, the allocated for Sports Premium is £21,320School Sport Premium 2022/23